list of events with links- have left past ones for your interest –
I’m always glad to play and give workshops at events, always good to hear of more.
- Wake Up Your Artist Season (2 months of workshops from The Wake Up Your Artist family) starting April 14th
- White Awakening March 21st – with Tara Brach, Catherine Mcgree and Ahjan Amaro. An event looking at White awareness and Racial Justice Organised by BAT. Myself and friend Monica Max West are the artists in residence on this 2 part series. This week Max is live I’m prerecorded – later in the year we swap.
- Spring Share, evening of song in and of The Trussell Trust run by my friend Naomi and myself.
- February 3rd Now and Beyond Festival
- up to the end of January Winter Warmer Festival
- Throughout the year I run children’s groups for the Quakers – looking at the Quakers teachings -broadly taking on themes of: simplicity, truth, equality, peace, sustainability and ecology – if you are a family who would like to come – let me know
- December 20th Winter Warmer Festival
- December 4th/11th/18th Spitafields Music and Mindful Music online course – mindfulness for creatives in challenging times
- October NRPF protest action (message me for more details)
- September 1-10th Extinction Rebellion ‘We Want To Live’ (I’ll be with XR families and around the events – please wear a mask and keep your distance 🙂
- August 28th-31st FarmFest my set is on Saturday at 3pm
- June 27th Radical Joy For Hard Times Annual Gathering online (I’m singing this years song)
- June 26th -June 27th Wake Up Your Artist Day Retreat, online
- Friday 29th May Live House Show from our house with Joshua K (Yona) – 2 songwriter friends song sharing Live Stream
- May 15th – 17th London Social Arts Festival (Online) – featuring my A Thousand Hands documentary on Sunday
- May 1st Seamus Heaney Centre/Queens Theatre in Belfast University online folk/poetry: ‘Help’ evening featuring my A Thousands Hands Documentary
- (tickets available, we’ll wait and see) June 12th St Austell Theatre , supporting Tom Robinson (solo show for African Great Lakes Peace Trust)
- (now online) April 31st -May 7th Wake Up Your Artist Retreat, at the EIAB, Cologne, Germany
- March 21st Crossing Borders Festival (singing with friends from Southwark Day Centre for Asylum Seekers)
- March 14th, London Church concert in aid of Cirisis homlessness charity (details tbc)
- March 2nd Ordinary Courage at Chelsea College of Arts, singing songs as part of this piece inspired by peaceful protest of those being colonised.
- February 21st -23rd Song Fest, Stokesley , performing and giving workshops; a meditation with song and a ‘family ‘peace songs session’
- December into January 2020- As last year I’m helping facilitate a New Year retreat inspired by the peace teachings of Plum Village – come for meditation, walks in nature, vegan food, singing, songs, poems, stories, reflections on the year and looking ahead – rates on a scale to your means – please message for more.
- December 6th first sharing of album More The Love That’s Given at Westminster Friends Meeting House – a thanks to friends who have encouraged my album over the last 2 years – message me for more details
- October 14th Shift Exhibition, St Lawrences Church Stroud
- October 12th Social Arts Festival – London
- October 1st, Garden Museum -London (seed workshop with a song or two at the end with my friend gardener and songwriter with Yona, Josh Donaldson)
- September 12th- 15th Wake Up Your Artist Autumn retreat, EIAB, Germany
- September 6th Festival Of Resistance at the Arms Fair, Excel Centre
- September 2nd ‘No Faith In War’ protest at the Arms Fair, Excel Centre
- August 6-17th Wake Up Earth Festival at Plum Village, France
- July 29th supporting Aboutabear, hosted by Grove Park*
- July 26th supporting Aboutabear, Bournemouth
- July 21st BBC6’s Fresh On The Net music night, Jackson Lane Arts Centre, London
- July 15th Extinction Rebellion, at Courts of Justice, Polly Higgins Memorial and water ceremony
- July 6th – Stroud Sacred Music Festival
- June 29th Letsome Gardens Community, Camberwell
- June 20th – Extinction Rebellion protest picnic, Natural History Museum
- May 26th – Garden day and fire/open mic at Grove Park*(see below)
- May 25th – Singing before DANCE climate, endangered demo, Barclays Bank London.
- April 15th Singing with Extinction Rebellion Families Group Marble Arch
- April 14th Interfaith Vigil and walk to mark the beginning of Extinctions (International) Rebellion
- April – 1 week Arts retreat Wake Up Your Artist for 16-35 year olds at the EIAB in Germany/ Refugee Crowdfunder for the retreat
- March 30th Let’s Make Some Noise Waterloo Action Centre, London, a morning for families involved in the upcoming Extinction Rebellion actions, I’ll be there leading some singing.
- February 2nd Winter Warmer Be-in afternoon of songs, stories and poems inspired by the peace work of the Plum Village Community ,I’m co-hosting- all welcome. Quaker House Westminster
- January 26th St James’s Church in Islington, playing at friend Tom’s charity concert in aid of homelessness
- New Year retreat, I’m helping facilitate a retreat inspired by Plum Village – come for meditation, walks in nature, vegan food, singing, songs, poems, stories, reflections on 2018 and looking into 2019 – rates on a scale to your means – please message for more.
- New Year retreat, 28th – 1st (see above)
- December 9th Pilgrimage with Wild Church and St Ethelberger’s Centre for Peace, Totnes, do write a note for more details
- December 6th George Tavern London with Yona and Eli Cavajal
- December 1st ‘Be In’ Afternoon of peace inspired music, song and story with the London Plum Village Community, Quaker Meeting House, Westminster
- October 28th Grove Park* Community Garden day and fireside open mic
- October 27th Wake Up London Continuation evening – I’ll be hosting a night of songs, poems and stories inspired by the peace work of Plum Village, Quaker Meeting House, Westminster
- August 24th – 27th Greenbelt Festival (Healing song workshop and songs Sunday in The Grove)
- August 18h – 25th Quaker Junior Gathering (A Quaker week for young people – on staff team doing workshops, such a lovely week if you have young people who may benefit I wanted to add it here)
- August 10th – 17th Wake Up Earth Retreat Plum Village France (shall just be there with my guitar!)
- July 18th – 22nd Buddhafield festival (walking meditation with Wake Up and songs in the Glade)
- July 6th – 7th Stroud Sacred Music Festival (Healing song workshop)
- July 1st Catholic Worker Refugee Farm Fundraiser festival
- June 18th – 24th Grove Park Refugee week garden opening*
- June 3rd BBC Introducing Stage at The Great Estate Festival
- May 25th – 28th YFGM (Young Quaker weekend) Workshop on rest
- May 19th Roots Into Reverence – Firle Church
*Grove Park is the community house I live in London, we have a community garden that hosts events – if you would like to know more or come and visit and lend a hand please send a mail